Presented at the 'documenta 6' in Kassel, Paik's first large-scale installation 'TV-Garden' is made up by some thirty television sets lying on the floor among a large number of tropical plants. The furiously edited 'Global Groove' video playing on the screens of the TV sets flickers and flashes through the mesh of green. Ambivalent like most of Paik's works, this one leaves open the question of whether we are dealing with a symbiosis of nature and technology, or whether the new media are leading us back into the jungle with their disordered mass of rampant images.
See Pictures Here
- ► 2010 (34)
- ► December (19)
- Fluxus RECAP
- Nam June Paik Pt 9 - TV Buddha
- Nam June Paik pt 8-Electronic Moon #2
- Nam June Paik Pt 7 - Video Garden 1974
- Nam June Paik Pt 6-Something Pacific 1986
- Nam June Paik Pt 5- Global Groove 1974
- Nam June Paik Pt 4 - Quotes by NJP
- Nam June Paik Pt 3-Media Planning for the Postindu...
- Nam June Paik Pt 2- Charlotte Moorman and Nam June...
- Nam June Paik Pt 1-TV BRA FOR LIVING SCULPTURE & T...
- Getting to Know....Nam June Paik
- ▼ Nov 03 (11)